Heshmat A. Ravaghi

Dear Mamanbozorg:

You've been on my mind...

You are always present in my heart and in my thoughts. I have so many memories of you. You always took care of all your children, and when they had their own babies, you took care of them, too. You really went out of your way for me, though, and I will never forget that. You looked after me at various stages of my life, and, no matter how old I was, you always spoiled me and showered me with love in every way a grandmother possibly could.

Thank you for all the memories... They are all of love and joy. I remember we had so much fun when we took the train together; I remember laughing uncontrollably when you scrubbed my feet; I remember you preparing all my favorite dishes and sweets every single time I visited; I remember your remedies; I remember you getting up in the middle of the night to accompany me to the bathroom when I was afraid to go by myself in that huge house; I remember you playing with my hair until I fell asleep; I remember your scent, the aroma of rose water...

I use rose water every single day, whether I spray it on my face or add it to my food. I often make your special syrup and your signature sweet kookoo. Your fragrance accompanies me wherever I go and you are always with me – even though you left me over a decade ago.

You were always kind, loving, diligent, and brave... and you taught me so much. I'm so grateful to have had you as a grandmother. I will forever cherish all the memories I have of you. Thank you for being you. I love you and appreciate everything you did for me.

Love...

Noosha Ravaghi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fictional Characters

Anthology

Submission Guidelines